Sunday, February 05, 2006

Blueberry muffins

January 7, 2006

I decide maybe it's the yeast that's the problem, and I'll make a quick bread. Can you really go wrong with blueberry muffins? I have to admit that the focaccia disaster has thrown me for a loop. I make new recipes all the time, and I'm not even all that careful about measuring, but they always turn out fine. What is the problem here?

We have an open house every Saturday morning in January for our neighbors. We serve coffee and doughnuts, and I usually bake something. It will be blueberry muffins this time, but I tell Jim to buy extra doughnuts in case the muffins turn out like the foccacia.

No, thank God. The muffins are just fine. Nice crumb, nice size. Not too sweet. Real muffins, not cupcakes disguised as muffins. Good work, Rose.

No comments: